Potato and Lentil Dahl
Affordable, tasty, and healthy recipe from Vegan Made Easy cookbook by Anja Cass.
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 cups water
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato, large diced
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice or vegetables to serve
- lentils, potatoes, and water in a pot over high heat. Stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes untilt he potatoes are almost soft.
- Add onion, tomato and spices and mix through. Simmer until onions and potatoes are soft and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- Serve with cooked rice or vegetables and top with any optional toppings of your choice.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top to serve.
Topping Suggestions: Dried or fresh chili, fresh cilantro, fresh tomato, lemon juice