A great meal for a rainy day. Be sure to make lots and save for another meal!
- 1 eggplant, small diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 zucchini, medium diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 5 roma tomatoes, large diced
- 14 oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp oregano (fresh or dry)
- 14 oz canned cooked white beans
- 14 oz canned cooked kidney or black beans
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Toss eggplant with 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in a 350º degree oven.
- Sauté onion and garlic in remaining oil in a large, heavy skillet until translucent.
- Add zucchini and peppers and stir fry for a few more minutes.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to the skillet along with the wine, chili powder, fresh parsley and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.