Keto Mushroom Pasta with Shirataki
- 2 packs shirataki noodles
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (GSF recommends Miyoko's European style butter for this recipe)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups assorted mushrooms
- 1 tsp almond flour
- pinch of dried parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- olive oil to coat
- fresh parsley finely chopped to garnish
1 tub of vegan cream:
- ¾ cup cashews
- ½ cup soy milk
- pinch of salt
- First, prepare the shirataki by dry frying them in a frying pan on medium heat. Keep on the heat until they start making a whistling sound, this indicates the excess moisture leaving the noodles. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add your butter to the frying pan and add the garlic. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and coat in the oil and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have become a beautiful golden color.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, leaving the oil behind.
- Prepare the vegan cream by combining the cashews, soy milk, and a pinch of salt to a high powered blender, blending until creamy.
- Add the almond flour, dried parsley and vegan cream to the oil in the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and keep on the heat for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the mushrooms and shirataki back into the pan and combine.
- Serve piping hot with fresh parsley and enjoy!