Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Soft and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, these cauliflower wings are delicious! This is a great appetizer to serve with the vegan ranch dressing that is also found on our recipe page. Be sure to coat your cookie sheet well with oil or they will stick.
- 1 head cauliflower, approx. 4 cups florets
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy milk (or almond milk)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (can substitute gluten-free rice flour)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Myoko's butter
- Line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or grease very well with oil. Preheat your oven to 400-425 degrees depending on your oven.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces/florets.
- Whisk the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl (set aside the hot sauce and butter for later). Mix until the batter is thick with little to no lumps and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. You can do this one by one or in batches. Shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over halfway through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, get your buffalo wing sauce ready. In a small saucepan on low heat, melt butter and mix in hot sauce. Remove from the heat just as it starts to melt. Stir together and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done with its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl with the wing sauce and toss to coat evenly. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until it reaches the desired crispness.
- We recommend serving with the vegan ranch dressing found on our recipe page. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving (1/4th the recipe) | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg